Symposia occur 5-6 times each year as a gathering moment for postgraduate students and staff to discuss a range of topics and ideas.
The purpose of symposia is to 'help postgrads and staff flourish in their workplaces and see how all knowledge finds its fullness in Christ.'
The Next Symposia:
Gender Equality in the University – 1pm August 8 – LocationTBA
Due to unforeseen circumstances this symposium has been postponed.
Schedule for 2019:
- April 30 – Everyday Peacemaking with Bruce Burges from PeaceWise
- June 13 – Mental Health with Rev Dr Keith Condie (PhD Sydney) from ADM Mental Health and Pastoral Care Institute
- August 8 – Gender Equality in the Univertsity
- October 15 – Prayer and Academia with Rev Dr Mark Earngey (D.Phil Oxford)
- November 14 – Conflicts of Interest
- Justice (with Jacob Sarkodee from International Justice Mission)
- Doctrine of Creation (with Murray Smith from Christ College, Sydney)
- History (with Dr Meredith Lake, award winning author of The Bible in Australia and presenter for ABC Radio)
- Mental Health Seminar (with Leissa Aitken, clinical psychologist and PhD candidate)
- The Ethics of Technology (with Rev Dr Andrew Sloane from Morling College. Sydney)
- Faith in Science: Living Well as a Christian Science (with Dr Liz New (Chemistry), Dr Peter Kim (Maths), and Dr Luke Barnes (Physics))