Evangelical Union Postgradutes and Staff (EPS)
In response to covid-19 the EU has moved many of its ministry activities online (more details can be found here). Please stay updated by liking us on Facebook and stay connected to faculty ministries via our faculty facebook group here.
Who We Are
We are a community of research postgraduates, academics, and staff who love Jesus, his church, his university, and his world.
We meet in weekly bible studies, reading groups, and prayer groups across the campus, as well as a variety of other events throughout the year. Whether you’re follower of Jesus Christ or just interested in exploring His claims we’d love you to get involved!
Registration for our annual retreat – Postgrad Day at AnCon – is now open.
What We Do
Small Bible Studies & Prayer Groups
Please contact us if you'd like to come to one of our weekly bible study groups. We run regular small groups at the following times:
- 12pm Tuesday - contact Jared Wood or Nick Proschogo
- 1pm Wednesday for first year postgrads - contact Matthew Moffitt
- 12pm Thursday - contact Luke Tucker or Sam Webster
- 2pm Thursday for academics - contact Jonathan Penm
We're also planning to start a group based at Mallet St - contact Emily Bemmer if you're interested.
To sign up for a small group please leave your contact details here and mention that you are a research postgrad or member of staff in the comments field. Alternatively you can directly email one of the people listed above.
Discipline Networks allow you to gather with other believers in your school/discipline/faculty. Here are some of the current networks:
- Business & Economics
- Charles Perkins Centre
- Engineering & IT
- Health & Medicine
- Humanities (especially in English)
- Humanities (especially in SOPHI)
- Professional Staff
Equip provides a range of training courses to equip people with skills to grow and serve. We run three training courses:
- Working in God's World
- Leading People to Christ
EU Postgrads and Staff also provides other opportunities for Christian researchers and staff at the university to gather through:
- Regular evening gatherings to discuss Christian engagement with the university
- Chaplaincy services at Easter and Christmas for the university staff and postgraduate communities
- Conferences and Symposia
- Partnerships with other academic Christian movements in Australia and Overseas, such as the Simeon Network